Tuesday, February 2

2010 GRAMMYs!!!!


Being that I want to work in the music business, I should have an opinion on the 2010 Grammy's. Ok, here we go. Award shows are becoming blah to me year after year, sorry. lol They have a tendency to be boring as hell. I missed the first 10 minutes, which was the BEST because my Gaga and Elton John represented! lol I have watched the performance and it is damn good. Of course that is a biased opinion because Gaga is my life. Ms. Knoweles-Carter did her thing like always, looking fab the whole time. Not one hair was out of place, but her song choice could have been better. I mean come on, how many times have we heard "Halo," we are OFF that record. BUT she did break a record of the most Grammy's won in one night with 6 GRAMMYS! Sorry Ms. Keys, she broke your record of 4! Get it Beyonce! She is a legend at age 28, but that's another post. lol Pink did her aerial performance, that she has done before. Come on Pink, didn't we see that shit at the VMAS? we are OFF that. Lady Antebellum did it big as did The Zac Brown Band! Reppin for my city to the fullest! Oh, I guess Taylor Swift did too. She's becoming too too commercial and she's annoying me. I do jam hard to her CD Fearless though. I can't even front. Black Eyed Peas brought the energy like always and countless other performances were good. Those are the ones that stuck out to me! Paris and Prince Jackson spoke on their father's legacy, while picking up his award. The Michael Jackson tribute was nice, but to be honest those 3D glasses were a MAJOR FAIL! Overall, the show was a 8/10 and better than some other lame attempt at award shows I have seen in the past.

Record of the Year- "Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon


Album of the Year- "Fearless" - Taylor Swift


Song of the Year- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it) - Beyonce


Best Electronic Dance Album- LADY GAGA!


Best Dance Recording- "Poker Face" - LADY
GAGA
!


Here are a few of the winners that I was excited to see win! For the full list hit up Grammy.com, everything is listed there.




I thought it was cute that Drake brought his mother. Not what you expected, right? lol

No comments: